Sunday, December 28, 2008

Damn cold weather

The temperature and humidity here has been more up and down than normal lately and it's beginning to take a toll on my joints. That's damned frustrating. I'm certain, if I were not on the MTX, I would be much worse, but it's still frustrating. I haven't slept well the past couple of nights, and I noticed yesterday some stiffening in my left hand. I have misplaced my right wrist brace and it's pissing me off because that's the one area I have yet to feel much relief in at all.

I suppose I shouldn't blame it all on the weather because I've been silently stressing over the holidays, and I know stress irritates my body. I am torturing myself (still) over not having a beer whenever I want to. I'd decided to "be good" and save drinking (just a little) for special occasions, like New Year's Eve. After I made plans for our family for that occasion, I started stressing over it being a Wednesday, which is when I take MTX. I hate doubting myself, not knowing how things will affect me, and then it all snowballs in my head ... resulting in just being angry again that I have this stupid disease. I'm not in a good place today, and I wish I could be.

No comments: