Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gotta keep movin'

XPost / Original September 12, 2008

Thank you, my friends, for all the words, direction, insight, and fuel for the fire since my last blog. I haven't found all of the answers yet, but I'm feeling some better. If anybody knows of a sale on big girl panties, I am in the market for some. Actively shopping now, instead of just pouting. I love you all!!

Next week I begin the screening process for the RA study, and I also should be starting Methotrexate (weekly med, I assume oral rather than injected). The first screening appointment is a long one, 4+ hours of various x-rays, EKG, labs, ridiculously extensive medical history. I'll know more of what's to come after that appointment. Assuming I am approved to take part in the study, infusions will be scheduled for the next year. If I'm not approved, we'll change the course toward an available injectable med to go with the Methotrexate (because it is more effective in combination with something like Enbrel/Remicade/Humira).

In the meantime, I am thankful for a full calendar to keep me moving ... my youngest sister is getting hitched next week, MyLove and I are off to Seattle (him for training, me to visit a childhood friend), I have plans to attend a variety of theater events, all in addition to my busy-ness of raising and homeschooling my girls.

If you haven't already, check out my new default song (thanks to Nat for introducing me to the talented Mr. Fullbright's music!). It's my new theme ... "in the end you gotta grit your teeth and keep movin'."

No comments: