Sunday, December 7, 2008

I'm IN!

XPost / Original November 4, 2008

I had one more shot at the RA drug study. The re-screening was scheduled for November 6. My plan of attack was to go off my anti-inflammatory for a week, and throw my sensitivity diet out the window. When they called last Monday and said the company was suddenly closing enrollment as of Halloween, I nearly panicked. I immediately put my plan into play. I hobbled around all last week and went in Friday for the labwork. This morning, the research coordinator called me with the results ... CRP was 1.29 (and everything else was good, too)! I go in this Thursday morning to finish up the paperwork and get a calendar of appointments for the next year. I anticipate beginning new medication before Thanksgiving.

Now, if the election results go my way today, we'll have even more reason to party tonight!

No comments: